Thursday 30 April 2015

Fabulous Eateries in NSW

On my travels I always keep my eye out for cool new design in cafes, restaurants and bars. Here are some recent finds and the top Yellow Front Door picks.

Harvest Cafe and Deli, Newyrbar

I spotted this divine cafe and separate deli/foodstore on my recent trip to Gaia Retreat and Spa in the Northern Rivers area of NSW. Now I felt absolutely no need whatsoever to leave Gaia in the four days I was there, but did venture out for a walk to the nearby village Newrybar in search of mozzie bite cream! Didn't find a chemist, but did find this delightful little gem - a magnet for residents in the surrounding area I'm sure.

The food is far too good at Gaia for me to be disloyal and actually eat or drink there, but I did appreciate the old school charm and rustic design http://harvestcafe.com.au




Above: Harvest Cafe in Newrybar, take-away coffees, horses greeting us on the way




Above: Harvest Deli/Foodstore in Newrybar, lots of beautiful delicious and healthy things

Ruby's Diner, Bronte Rd, Sydney

I must confess I haven't actually eaten here, but noticed the groovy, original design of this cafe when walking past one day www.rubysdiner.com.au

Love the wild waves art and pressed tin panels

Coogee Pavilion, Coogee, Sydney

If you've got kids you've probably been here or at least heard about it. I walked in one rainy day last month and was amazed by what opened up before my eyes - past the bar and tables is a huge play area for kids (and adults alike!) complete with table tennis, and large climbing wall Scrabble game, huge Jenga, skittles, and lots of other games. You do need quite a high tolerance for noise though, as it is loud and a bit chaotic. The food was good and they have a kids menu. 

Upstairs is for grown-ups only and feels a bit like a 1920s tennis club is really beautiful and has lots of interesting and cool design features such as the semi circular pegboard wall of artworks on the way up. It's reminiscent of a 1930s art deco tennis club. http://merivale.com.au/coogeepavilionhttp://merivale.com.au/coogeepavilion









 Bills's Bondi, Bondi Beach

I do love the booth seating in both Bill's Bondi and Bill/s Darlinghurst. And the brilliant wall of art actually makes facing the wall a delight. www.bills.com.au




 Bills Bondi

Bills Darlinghurst 

Watsons Bay Hotel

This old establishment was done up a little while ago now, but still impressed me on a recent visit on a beautiful Sydney day. It's the views and location you're really paying for watsonsbayhotel.com.au





I love looking at the interior design of these commercial spaces as I find them inspiring and a source of ideas for both Yellow Front Door products and my own house. If you're inspired too and want to buy some cushions or wall art online, take a look at our Yellow Front Door range www.yellowfrontdoor.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment